Support for independent job search and working life
Where to look for jobs?
Vacancies can be found, for example:
- In the TE Office website
- In other recruitment websites
- In companies’ websites
- In newspapers
Vacancies are advertised in many places. Here you can find the most common job search engines.
Many recruitment and recruitment companies are looking for employees for companies. Here you can find a list of staff leasing companies and recruitment services.
Jobs are not necessarily advertised, but they can be found using your own networks and contacts, more specifically:
- From acquaintances
- By contacting companies or organizations directly
- By contacting former employers or through internships
- By submitting an open application to companies/organizations
Job search coaching
The KATE project offers participants job search coaching (both for individual participants and as a group). The job search coaching course is offered in basic finnish. Its main goal is to teach participants the practices and rules of the Finnish working life and to support participants’ ability to search for work by themselves.
Job Search Coaching course include:
- Creating a CV
- Being able to show one’s own competence and skills
- How to conduct a successful job interview
- How to finding and applying for a job
- finnish working life practices and rules of the game
Well-being at work
The employee has the right to work in a safe work environment.
In the following websites you can find a variety information about well-being at work:
- Advisory services for immigrants: the services on problems and questions concerning their employment are free of charge. The Central Organisation of Finnish Trade Unions promotes equal opportunities, rights and duties for all employees: young and old, men and women.
- Occupational safety and health administration: Advice and instructions on issues related to occupational health and safety and employment conditions.
- The Finnish Institute of Occupational Health is specialized in well-being at work, carries out research, and provides services and training.
- Victim Support Finland provides information on labour exploitation.